In my art, I explore human social behavior and my own feelings in regard to society and privacy. I like to observe how people act in different unusual situations, and what scares and excites them.
There are times when I analyze situations or ideas thoroughly and then I create images. Other times I see images in my mind vividly in all the details. I create characters who perfectly capture and show the emotions I experience in certain situations.
Sometimes I love to draw my ideas in expressive and impulsive ways. Most of the time I just use black ink.
I have chosen printmaking as my main focus because it offers flexibility to express different emotions and ideas and make multiple originals of the same artwork. I like to feel the medium I work with. Some printmaking techniques require patience and sometimes even physical effort to create work. That gives additional depth and meaning to my works.
Born in 1989. Riga, Latvia
2014 – 2016 – Art Academy of Latvia – Printmaking faculty, Masters degree
2009 – 2013 – Art Academy of Latvia – Printmaking faculty, Bachelor degree
2015 – “City of Sint-Niklaas prize for the best intaglio print” at “The 20th Sint-Niklaas international bookplates and small printmaking competition”
Beginning” – Salekhard, Russia
Selected group exhibitions:
– International Mezzotint exhibition – 5th edition of the international mezzotint exchange 2020 – Mexico
– 19th International Print Biennial Varna – City Art Gallery “Boris Georgiev”, Varna, Bulgaria
– Latvian printmaking anthology 20th-21th century – Krasnoyarsk, Russia
– Tokyo International Mini-Print Triennial, Tokyo, Japan
– The 12th Baltic States Biennale of graphic art “Kaliningrad-Koenigsberg 2015”, KaliningradKoenigsberg, Russia
– The 20th Sint-Niklaas 2015 bookplates and small printmaking competition, Sint-Niklass Belgium
– International exhibition of print art – “16th International print biennial Varna” – “Boris Georgiev” art gallery, Varna, Bulgaria
– Group exhibition of print art “Virtualization” – “Galerija L” – Riga, Latvia
– Juried Contemporary Art exhibition “Pārmija” – “Riga Artspace”, Riga, Latvia
– Group exhibition of print art “Leaf forest”, Artis House, Riga, Latvia
– Traveling Printmaking exhibition “Hunting” (Cēsis, Valka, Salaspils, Ogre), Latvia
Works in collections:
Dmitry Frolov private collection (RU), The International Ex-Libris Centre (City Museum SteM, BE), Tama Art University (JP), Yamalo-Nenets Regional Museum Complex of I.S.Shemanovsky (RU), and others.
Download the full list of exhibitions – PDF